Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Up close and personal

So... a couple of days ago, I put Buddy in his bike carrier and road over to St. Andrews State Park. It is about 2 blocks from the trailer park. We were on a nice little ride through the park when I saw a sign that said Gator Lake. I didn't think anything about it then, but last night I looked it up and apparently there are Alligators in the lake. Well my curiosity got the best of me and I had to go back and look. This time I went by myself, just in case there were some... didn't want Buddy to be gator food. hehehehe

It really is a neat place. They have a couple of piers that are in the Jetty area. They also have a marina that goes into the Lagoon. Then there is Gator Lake. Its a lake with what I want to call a bird island. Literally an island full of birds. There is a wilderness trail that runs along side the lake and a lookout over the lake. I went to the lookout and got a good view of the lake. After about 10 minutes I saw it.... an alligator on the other side of the lake. I decided to take the trail... that is a scary thing... every noise you hear makes you jump. Along the trail, I saw a turtle. By the time I got to the other side, the gator was gone. I waited for a while hoping he would surface, but he never did. I looked back to where the lookout is and saw some black in the lake. I walked back to the lookout and here is what I saw.....


After a little while he went back under. I stuck around for about 15 minutes, but he never came back up, so I left to go home and make me some dinner. On my way out of the park, I saw a white-tail mule deer. What an adventurous day. 

Well I don't have any other sightseeing plans, so you may not see me post until we take off again this weekend.... 


You can view videos at Delbert's Videos on YouTube.


Gotta run.....

No comments:

Post a Comment