Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Awlins

Don't call it N'Awlins or New OR-Leans.... the locals call it New Awlins. What a great city. We couldn't spend enough time to see it all. 


We got there on the Saturday before Mardi Gras day and it poured down rain all day, but we were able to go down on Sunday to see a few parades and Bourbon Street. Some of these parades had some really awesome floats in them. Jason and Carol came down to do Mardi Gras with us. Carol and I came back with a huge bag of beads, BUT you haven't seen anything until you have seen the French Quarter during Mardi Gras at night. Oh my gosh.... wall to wall people.... women and men both flashing, but only on Bourbon Street. I don't think that I have seen people so drunk before in my life. Enormous parades floats and bands of all kinds. We brought back another bag of beads that night too. We tried to walk back up Bourbon Street after the last parade and it was just a blockade. There were so many people that I was starting to have a panic attack. By this time, my back hurt, my knee hurt and my feet were killing me.... we had to park about a mile away and walking back was horrendous. It was soooo bad, I almost flagged down a motorcycle to ask for a ride.. LOL

We stopped by Jax's Brewery, near were we parked and grabbed something to eat and finally made it home. We were so exhausted that we didn't make it down to the parades on Mardi Gras day. We did enjoy having Jason and Carol with us. They stayed with us and the first night, they tried the couch... my couch is horrible... you can feel all of the springs in it. I felt so bad for them. The rest of the time they slept on the table. I know that sounds weird, but our dining table in the RV collapses down into a full size bed. 

The Friday after Mardi Gras, some of our friends came into town to go on the Carribean Cruise with us. We spent most of the day on Saturday sight seeing and then packed for the cruise.

Can't wait for next year......


You can view videos at Delbert's Videos on YouTube.


Gotta run.....

No comments:

Post a Comment